Wife · Mother · Daughter of the King
Hi, I’m Heather! I started this blog with the intention of encouraging Christian wives, mothers, and homemakers. Here you will find tips, resources, book suggestions, and other helpful things I’ve learned as a homemaker.
I picked the name Graciously Blessed from Psalm 67:1-2
“May God be gracious to us and bless us
and make his face shine upon us —
so that your ways may be known on earth,
your salvation among all nations.”
I’m praying that this blog will not only reach women in the US, but will also bless women in other parts of the world, “among all nations.”
I love reading blogs and have wanted to start my own for a few years now. I finally realized that the best time to start is right now. My blog is focused on Christ and the gospel because He is the one who deserves all of our praise.
Here’s a little bit about my personal life.
I’m married to a wonderful man named Colton. We first became acquaintances one summer at Bible camp, but it wasn’t until two years later that I became interested in him when my best friend Kylee tried to hook us up.
At first I thought the idea was crazy because I didn’t even know him and had only seen him a few times. But then a few months later at Kylee’s birthday party we hit it off and became close friends. We dated for a year and a half, and then got married in June of 2015.
We are the parents of two energetic boys and a sweet baby girl. They are treasures and we thank the Lord for them, even when the days are hard.
“Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from Him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.”
Just for fun, here are 10 unique facts about me:
- My husband and I had our very first kiss ever on our wedding day.
- I love journaling and at one point when I was in my teens I would rotate between writing in 7 different journals – all about different topics!
- I’ve been playing the piano for church for over twelve years now.
- I’m obsessed with sewing.
- My favorite dessert is ice cream, especially cookie dough ice cream!
- I’ve birthed 2 babies at home and 1 at a birthing center.
- I broke my femur when I hit a tree while snowboarding.
- I have never dyed my hair.
- I earned my Bachelor’s degree at 20 years old.
- I have ancestors that were Vikings in Iceland!
I look forward to getting to know you, too! So please shoot me an email at heather @ graciouslyblessed . com. I’d love to hear from you!