Have you ever wanted to write an encouraging Bible verse in a card or note, but didn’t know which verse? I have been there many times, so I created this list of verses as a reference. These will fit the topic you need, no matter the occasion.
I even like to write Bible verses in cards for unbelievers. You never know when the Holy Spirit will speak to someone through the verse you write.
I will continually be adding to this list as I come across more that would be fitting.
- Psalm 115:15 “May you be blessed by the Lord, who made heaven and earth.”
- Numbers 6:24 “The Lord bless you and keep you.”
- Psalm 118:24 “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.”
- 2 Corinthians 9:8 “And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.”
- 2 Samuel 22:3-4 “My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior – from violent men you save me. I call to the Lord who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.“
- Psalm 34:18 “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.“
- Romans 5:3-5 “Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.“
- Psalm 25:1 “In you, Lord my God, I put my trust.“
- Matthew 25: 23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share in your master’s happiness!‘”
- Psalm 28:7-8 “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.”
- Romans 8:28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.”
- Philippians 1:3 “I thank my God every time I remember you.”
- Psalm 27:1 “The Lord is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life – of whom shall I be afraid?”
- Isaiah 43:2 “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.”
- 1 Peter 5:7 “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.”
- Ephesians 1:16 “I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.”
- Romans 12:12 “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
- Song of Solomon 3:4 “I have found the one my heart loves.”
- Ecclesiastes 4:9 “Two are better than one.”
- 1 Peter 4:8 “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”
- Proverbs 24:3-4 “By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.”
- 1 Peter 1:22 “Love one another deeply, from the heart.”
- Mark 10:8 “And the two are united into one.”
- Matthew 19:6 “Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 “And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.”
- Ephesians 4:2-3 “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.”
- Colossians 3:14 “And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.”
- Psalm 126:3 “The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.”
What verses do you like to write in your cards? Let me know in the comments!
If you liked this article, you might also like this one about Praying for Your Husband.